September 13, 2007
AmiBroker 5.00.1 (official release) is now released.
It is available for download from:
(hit “REFRESH” button in your browser if you see old contents only)
The setup program includes all updated documentation, examples, sample database.
Existing users should use “UPGRADE” version only, to keep their existing data untouched.
Window Vista users installing the software for the first time should use “FULL” version only.
There were no important issues/bugs found in the 5.00.0 RC1 release so the official one is practicaly identical to RC1.
CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.00.1 (as compared to 5.00.0)
- small code changes for 64-bit version compatibility
- few minor documentation fixes
- bumped version number
The text below is a copy of RC1 announcement – nothing new here – if you installed RC1 already you can skip the rest of this announcement.
CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.00.0 (as compared to 4.99.0)
- Database Purify: Date column type in set correctly now so clicking on column sorts by date instead of by alpha (FC#1130)
- Elapsed/estimated time is updated constantly when running long optimizations (FC#1107)
- Extra characters in the title occuring when using dynamic color with Null values in Plot() statements. Fixed. (FC#1129)
- Fixed saving of new commission table (FC#1122)
- In some cases slider did not allow to reach the upper margin of Param() when step was decimal fraction like 0.1 due to floating point rounding. Now it addressed. (FC#1155)
- Price Chart Style is now saved in a layout/template (FC#1039)
- When Find/Replace dialog is still open while Formula Editor is closed it does not cause exception anymore
The FULL CHANGE LOG is included in the ReleaseNotes.html document that is installed with the software.
UPGRADE POLICY AND PRICING
- The upgrade is FREE for all users who registered AmiBroker after November 23, 2003
- The users who purchased AmiBroker before November 23, 2003 would need to buy upgrade if they want to use this newest version ($89 – Standard Edition, $119 – Professional). If you don’t want to pay – you may continue using previous version(s) infinitely.
- To find out when you have purchased AmiBroker and how long your free upgrade period is, use “Account Information” page in the members area at: http://www.amibroker.com/members/info.php
- The price for new single-user Standard Edition license is now increased to $169. The price for Professional Edition remains unchanged ($229). Upgrades cost $89 (Std) and $119 (Pro) respectively.
- All new and upgrade purchases cover current, as well as all beta and official releases that are published within 12 months from the date of the purchase.
- The above does NOT affect the users of previous versions who are still on their original free upgrade period – they continue to receive free upgrades under old rules until original free upgrade period ends
- To purchase new license or upgrade please use our ordering page at: http://www.amibroker.com/order.php
- If you are using Firewall you may need to check if it did not block Broker.EXE file after upgrade. (It happened to some users that firewall blocked AmiBroker after upgrade and they could not connect to RT data sources due
- If your formula uses the following names: switch, case, break, continue, default as user-defined variable identifier then you would need to rename them. To do so follow the instructions in this article: http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2007/04/05/new-keywords-in-afl-and-possible-conflict-with-user-defined-variables/