June 10, 2008
A new official release (v5.10.1) of AmiBroker is available now.
Highlights of Release 5.10 (as compared to 5.00)
- Automatic Walk-Forward testing (trading system optimization and validation technique)
- Floating windows (TRUE multi-monitor charting capability)
- Symbol and Interval linking, charting improved in many areas
- AFL Code Profiler – shows code analysis with detailed per-function timing report
- New/improved AFL functions
- Unlimited nesting of #include and #include_once statements
- Improved speed of backtesting/optimization (up to 2x in some cases as compared to v5.00)
… and many, many more
To download visit:
(hit “REFRESH” button in your browser if you see old contents only)
It includes all updated documentation, examples, sample database.
It is essentially the same as 5.10.0 RC1 “release candidate” version with only very minor fixes/updates.
Existing users should use “UPGRADE” version only, to keep their existing data untouched.
CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.10.1 (as compared to 5.10.0)
- Fixed crash @004AB5A1 (when sector ID was invalid > 64)
- Fixed bug AFL editor Undo @004B2324
- Fixed bug @004662AD (crash when doing Code Check and Profile while AA running in background)
- Cosmetic documentation corrections
- Cosmetic changes to some shipped AFL formulas
- IB plugin updated to 1.7.1
CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.10.0 (as compared to 5.09.0)
- Small improvement in axis font positioning – based on TEXTMETRIC
- Removed 1-pixel rendering overlap in multi-colored chart titles when ClearType was enabled
- Hi-Res (256×256) alpha Vista icon
- Quote array now uses HeapRealloc instead of HeapAlloc/HeapFree combination
- Fixed rare crash @433F58
- Fixed account manager updating cash after exiting short trade
- Web Browser window does not flicker anymore when resizing
The FULL CHANGE LOG is included in the ReleaseNotes.html document that is installed with the software.
UPGRADE POLICY AND PRICING
- The upgrade is FREE for all users who registered AmiBroker after July 18, 2004
- The users who purchased AmiBroker before July 18, 2004 would need to buy upgrade if they want to use this newest version ($99 – Standard Edition, $139 – Professional). If you don’t want to pay – you may continue using previous version(s) infinitely.
- To find out when you have purchased AmiBroker and how long your free upgrade period is, use “Account Information” page in the members area at: http://www.amibroker.com/members/info.php
- To purchase new license or upgrade please use our ordering page at: http://www.amibroker.com/order.php
- If you are using Firewall you may need to check if it did not block Broker.EXE file after upgrade. (It happened to some users that firewall blocked AmiBroker after upgrade and they could not connect to RT data sources due
- If your formula uses the following names: switch, case, break, continue, default as user-defined variable identifier then you would need to rename them. To do so follow the instructions in this article: http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2007/04/05/new-keywords-in-afl-and-possible-conflict-with-user-defined-variables/