September 9, 2008
A new beta version (5.17.1) of AmiBroker has just been released.
It is available for registered users only from the members area at:
(File size: 1 972 066 bytes, 1.9 MB)
If you forgot your user name / password to the members area you can use automatic reminder service at: http://www.amibroker.com/login.html
Remember that this is a BETA software. So BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST !
Note that you need to install official version 5.10 prior to installing this beta
It is highly recommended for users of any previous (5.1x) BETA versions as it contains important fixes to issues discovered in previous betas.
CHANGES IN VERSION 5.17.1 (as compared to 5.17.0):
- In 5.17.0 “Current symbol” selection in AA always used first symbol in the database. Fixed.
CHANGES IN VERSION 5.17.0 (as compared to 5.16.0):
- Log Window implemented
Log window (View->Log) allows to view:
edit-time errors displayed during formula check
run-time errors that occur when formula is running (not edited)
_trace command output within AmiBroker (without using 3rd party debug view) To perform tasks such clearing the output, copying, changing settings use right – mouse click over the log window list.
- Zooming via Scroll bar improved. Now it works with wider range of zoom factors and also does not disable scoll bar when all quotes are visible.
- Added extra protection against going out of drawing array bounds in GetNextDrawing
- when broker.master file was loaded, some symbol temporary data were read from non-zeroed memory, fixed now
- fixed display glitch that occurred on some bars when logarithmic scale was used and chart was drawn using compression (2x more bars than pixels)
- when application is closed in Minimized state, the x,y co-ords of main window are not stored
- styleHistogram chart when drawn in compressed mode could fail to display some negative spikes (below base level) in 5.16. Fixed.
- inQuarterly and inYearly higlighted in AFL editor now
- SetBarFillColor could not make candle with same body and outline color. Fixed now.
- fixed handling Null in styleArea chart (Null was ignored in 5.16)
- 32bit AmiBroker is now compiled with LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag, that allows it to use 3GB on 32 bit Windows versions that have /3GB boot flag enabled and 4GB on 64 bit Win
- first sorted column is drawn with darker color now (as in Windows explorer)
- layouts are displayed in alphabetical order now (previously they were sorted only if files were stored on NTFS partition)
- when from-to range of backtest was small, AB sometimes allocated too large cache for portfolio backtest than necessary. Now it is fixed and should provide speed up for short range backtests.
A complete CHANGE LOG with detailed explanations of added features for this and previous versions and instructions are included in the: AmiBroker 5.17.1 BETA Read Me – MUST READ THIS