April 20, 2010
A new official release version (5.30.1) of AmiBroker is now available from:
(hit “REFRESH” button in your browser if you see old contents only)
There is now ONE universal installer for new installations and upgrade installations. Setup type (full/upgrade) is automatically detected.
It includes all updated documentation, examples, sample database. It is very similar to release candidate however it contains few important fixes:
CHANGES in 5.30.1 (official release) (as compared to 5.30.0 – release candidate):
- Data plugins recompiled with API 2.10. All plugins rebased to maximize available memory space.
- Small documentation changes
- Show arrows for actual trades did not show arrows immediately. Fixed
- IB plugin: set Aux1/Aux2/OpenInt to zero
- New built-in formulas Gradient Price chart and Spread Chart
- Default redraw time (when no charts are displayed) is set to arbitrary 0.1 sec (instead of 1 sec used previously)
- Other minor fixes
- Fixed Access violation when performance warning tooltip popped up under extreme load
- ADK 2.10: PluginNotification structure is now larger – has pCurrentSINew that is a pointer to new StockInfo structure, while pCurrentSI is reverted to StockInfoFormat4 to maintain compatibility with plugins that were no rewritten using new API
Short summary of all new features in 5.30 (as compared to 5.20):
- changed database format to support time stamp granularity down to one microsecond (0.000001s) and more data fields
- static array variables
- user-definable backtest report charts (see examples in Charts window, “Report Charts” folder)
- new Data Window (View->Data Window)
- new Performance Monitor tool
- tick statistics added to Time&Sales window
- chart blank area extension using END key (on the keyboard), to restore original setting press HOME key
- added option to require variable declarations (SetOption(“RequireDeclarations”, True ));
- persistent column state (widths/order/visibility) in the Automatic Analysis and all other list-views.
- gradient area charts capability (see Charts – Basic Chart – Gradient Price chart)
- new typeof() AFL operator
- new AFL functions: ColorBlend, DateTimeDiff, HighestVisibleValue, LowestVisibleValue, StaticVarCount
- User-definable Z-order of drawings and indicator plots
- optional data padding for non-trading days
- Rectangle and ellipse drawing tools are now solid by default
- X-Y co-ordinate labels added (use View->X-Y Labels menu to display/hide).
- Support for SSL (secure connection) and TCP/IP port selection for e-mail alerts added
- new Symbols window with ultra quick full-text search and sorting
- support for GICS 4-level category system
- placing orders directly from chart (Interactive Brokers)
- many other improvements and fixes (see Release Notes document for details)
The FULL CHANGE LOG is included in the ReleaseNotes.html document that is installed with the software.
UPGRADE POLICY AND PRICING
- The upgrade is FREE for all users who registered AmiBroker after December 30, 2005
- The users who purchased AmiBroker before December 30, 2005 would need to buy upgrade if they want to use this newest version ($99 – Standard Edition, $139 – Professional). If you don’t want to pay – you may continue using previous version(s) infinitely.
- To find out when you have purchased AmiBroker and how long your free upgrade period is, use “Account Information” page in the members area at: http://www.amibroker.com/members/info.php
- To purchase new license or upgrade please use our ordering page at: http://www.amibroker.com/order.php
- If you are using Firewall you may need to check if it did not block Broker.EXE file after upgrade. (It happened to some users that firewall blocked AmiBroker after upgrade and they could not connect to RT data sources due
- Differences between “Upgrade installation” and “Full installation”
- Full setup installs sample DJI database under “Data” folder, Upgrade does not do that.
- Full setup resets Custom Tools menu, Upgrade does not do that.
- Full setup overwrites default .format files (ASCII importer definitions), Upgrade only installs them when old ones are not found
- Full setup is required for first time Vista / Windows 7 install
Other than that both modes are the same. “Upgrade installation” is available as an option in the setup only if full setup of any earlier official version was run on the same machine before.