July 16, 2011
Stability: – Regular BETA, pretty stable, should work fine in most environments
This is a BETA version. Make a backup first
A new beta version (5.41.0) of AmiBroker has just been released.
(1 941 248 bytes)
(8 984 424 bytes)
If you forgot your user name / password to the members area you can use automatic reminder service at: http://www.amibroker.com/login.html
IMPORTANT: Unauthorized copying and/or distribution of materials found on members’ only page is STRICTLY PROHIBITED and will result in IMMEDIATE termination of license.
Remember to BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST !
Note that this version can only be installed onto previous full installation of version 5.40 or higher from http://www.amibroker.com/download.html
CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.41.0 (as compared to 5.40.0)
- New Analysis window (File->New->Analysis) – featuring multithreaded Scan and Exploration
Performance note: to fully benefit from multithreading it is best to use AmiBroker local NATIVE database (not external) as it is the only database that can deliver data quickly enough. Tests show that on AmiBroker native databases scans and explorations are 100% scalable to multiple cores
– i.e. for example would run upto 8 times faster on 8 CPU/core machine. IMPORTANT: This window is work-in-progress. Multithreaded Backtest and Optimization features will be added later.
- Totally rewritten listview with very efficient owner draw code speeds up list view scrolling/resizing/repainting more than 10 times. Native system ListView control is terribly slow on Windows XP/Vista/7 (surprisingly it was many times faster in Win9x!)
- AFL: AddColumn – added mini bar charts to explorations
- Mini-chart in RT Quote window. Mini chart shows where LAST price is within LOW-HIGH range.
- AFL: Percentile() does a param check for range > 0 now
- Errors and warnings are now displayed in red color in the indicator pane
- During actual GDI chart rendering AmiBroker measures time and if it exceeds 500ms timeout it stops rendering with Warning 901.
- Warning 502: Calling Plot()/PlotOHLC over 500 times is displayed in indicator in runtime to prevent abuse
- All list views, pressing Ctrl and NumPad’+’ automatically adjusts column widths to content
- If data are missing in the in-memory cache, Foreign() calls from non-GUI threads use synchronous retrieval method for reliability.
- Old and new Analysis window: outputting millions of rows to listview is much faster now
- All list views – Ctrl+A (Select All) made much faster
For more details, instructions and examples how to use new features see the 5.41.0 BETA READ ME.