A new IBController (auto-trading interface) version 1.3.5 BETA has been released. It is available for download from:
This version brings very important changes / improvements with regards to Financial Advisor / Family & Friends accounts. Now IBController supports separation of “viewing” account that is used to display account information and portfolio pages and “order” account that is used by PlaceOrder/ModifyOrder calls. These two accounts can be now set independently by SetInfoAccount and SetAccount functions.
VERSION 1.3.5 CHANGES (as compared to version 1.3.2)
- New SetInfoAccount( account )
- To workaround recent change in TWS, for futures (FUT) ‘symbol’ field is set by IBController as localsymbol without expiration month/year. This is temporary workaround which may be broken by other TWS releases. Tested to work with TWS 907.7
- Pending Orders/Executions/Portfolio/Account info tabs now have additional command “Account” that specifies the account given item refers to
- PlaceOrder and ModifyOrder now accept optional Account parameter
- Now SetAccount() only sets account for NEXT order(s). It does NOT clear lists anymore and does NOT change ‘viewing’ account
- ClearList() method accepts -1 as listno – then it clears ALL lists
NOTE: auto-trading interface is separate and independent from IB DATA PLUGIN and is not required if you are only interested in getting data from IB / TWS.
NOTE: This version has been tested with TWS 907.7. We can not guarantee proper operation with earlier / later versions because IB may introduce incompatible changes.