July 4, 2008
A new beta version (5.14.0) of AmiBroker has just been released.
It is available for registered users only from the members area at:
(File size: 1 809 681 bytes, 1.8 MB)
If you forgot your user name / password to the members area you can use automatic reminder service at: http://www.amibroker.com/login.html
Remember that this is a BETA software. So BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST !
Note that you need to install official version 5.10 prior to installing this beta
CHANGES IN VERSION 5.14.0 (as compared to 5.13.0):
- added support for Quarterly and Yearly intervals in all parts of the program
- Changes to drawing made in v5.13 caused improper drawing lines located PAST the last available quote (trendlines and pitchforks) when timestamping method was “START TIME of interval”. This is fixed now.
- Fixed AddSummaryRows so ‘onlycols’ parameter default (zero) is applied properly
- Implemeted “Select all” via Ctrl-A keyboard shortcut for all list (result list in AA for example)
- Mouse cursor shape (moving/sizing) reflects the selected study priority when more than one study exists under mouse position
- new multiple Volume At Price charts at user-defined points via new PlotVolumeOverlayA function
- QuickAFL can now be used in Automatic Analysis (Settings: General: “Use QuickAFL” – check this box) – this can speed up explorations, scans and backtests by factor of 2+ if range is less than “all quotations”. More on this: http://www.amibroker.com/kb/quickafl
- Range Bars compression now uses TickSize as “1R step”. TickSize defined in the Symbol Information, if its value is zero, then 1R would be equivalent to 0.01 movement (for backward compat)
- selecting date in multiple linked charts is now faster because redraw is not made when selected line in higher compressed interval remains in place
- selector line in linked charts works OK now, regardless of selected time compression timestamping method
- SetBarsRequired accepts now values -2 in special meaning: reference ALL bars
- Sometimes progress bar did not show the name of optimization engine used. Now it is fixed
- Status(“ActionEx”) provides more codes than Status(“action”) to detect special executions states
- Streaming chart update could stall if trend line handle was clicked in attempt to resize and released in the very same position (without moving the mouse). Now it is fixed.
- TimeFrameMode() now supports mode == 4 – which expresses RANGE bars in TickSize units (as opposed to mode 3 that uses dollars for backward compatiblity)
- when display chart timing option is turned on and RT stream is active the application STATUS BAR now displays TOTAL time for all charts, it should be BELOW 1 second for RT trading
A complete CHANGE LOG with detailed explanations of added features for this and previous versions and instructions are included in the: AmiBroker 5.14.0 BETA Read Me – MUST READ THIS