July 10, 2008
A new beta version (5.15.0) of AmiBroker has just been released.
It is available for registered users only from the members area at:
(File size: 1 810 899 bytes, 1.8 MB)
If you forgot your user name / password to the members area you can use automatic reminder service at: http://www.amibroker.com/login.html
Remember that this is a BETA software. So BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST !
Note that you need to install official version 5.10 prior to installing this beta
This version concentrates on fixing issues found in recent betas.
It is highly recommended for users of any previous (5.1x) BETA versions.
CHANGES IN VERSION 5.15.0 (as compared to 5.14.0):
- SetForeign called multiple times with “tradeprices” parameter set to True freed memory only partially. Now fixed.
- Equity() function does not cause exception when running backtest with QuickAFL enabled
- Equity() function does not require all past bars anymore when used in AA
- OptimizerSetEngine(“”) in some circumstances selected random plugin. Fixed now.
- when user has aborted optimization during in-sample step, the previously used opt params were not freed. Fixed.
- Implemented command line parameter that allows to specify the database to load at startup. /database “the path to the database here”
- In some places C-runtime mktime() was used leading to problems with dates prior to 1970. Fixed now.
- During custom backtester phase the ~~~EQUITY ticker is protected from flushing out of cache (it could only happen if using OLE to access quotes inside CB proc)
- ~~~BESTEQUITY, ~~~ISEQUITY, ~~~OSEQUITY are not flushed out from the cache during WF even if cache is small (ensures proper storing of IS/OOS equity data)
- Single-symbol optimization now also uses QuickAFL (when enabled). Requirements for the first symbol are calculated in setup phase. To get “most safe” requirement estimation, the setup phase uses maximum values of opt params.
A complete CHANGE LOG with detailed explanations of added features for this and previous versions and instructions are included in the: AmiBroker 5.15.0 BETA Read Me – MUST READ THIS