July 11, 2017
A new public version of AmiQuote 3.21 is released now.
This version fixes issues with Finam, adds new data sources: Tiingo.com and Stooq and fixes problem with Yahoo Historical and Yahoo Fundamental Extra sources that stopped working after changes on Yahoo site.
AmiQuote 3.21 can be downloaded from:
IMPORTANT! Trial version has download limit of 10 symbols at a time
The upgrade is free for all previously registered AmiQuote users.
Since some people complain that the functionality is no longer free – if you do not want to pay a penny for the program that saves hours of your time – please download your data manually by clicking on Yahoo pages using browser of your choice. It is up to you. Developer time does not cost zero and we do not sell advertisements, so we expect to get paid as you do in ‘normal’ life. AmiQuote was ALWAYS paid program. The functionality provided for free was for EVALUATION purposes only and you were supposed to pay for the program if you used it everyday. It was always so.
Precise instructions are here: http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2017/05/18/how-to-install-amiquote-3-14-correctly/
TIINGO and STOOQ usage instructions
Detailed procedure how to configure AmiQuote with TIINGO is here
CHANGES FOR VERSION 3.21 (as compared to version 3.20)
- Finam source might cause crash or not work in 3.20. Fixed
- Stooq source now allows date range selection so downloads eat less bandwidth and are faster
- Other minor improvements
CHANGES FOR VERSION 3.20 (as compared to version 3.15)
- New data source added: Tiingo.com – US stocks and mutual funds, properly adjusted for splits and dividends (Auth token required, Basic account limited, all symbols require $10/month subscription)
- New data source added: Stooq.pl – supports Polish stocks (Warsaw stock exchange), European Stocks, major US stocks, currencies, indices)
- Removed inoperable data sources: MSN and Yahoo Intraday
- Much more currency pairs (87 pairs) supported by Finam source
- Fixed Finam support (it was broken due to changes on the site)
- Implemented faster way to setup Yahoo finance connection (it should work on older OSes too, without reliance on installed version of IE)
- UI: Added service status info bar, so AmiQuote can quickly announce problems with certain services without users flooding support with same issues
- Fixed random crash occuring when Yahoo page was holding some Flash content
- UI: added information about bitness (32bit vs 64bit) to Help->About box
- Trial version now has 10 symbol limit on all data sources. To use more symbols license purchase is required
CHANGES FOR VERSION 3.15 (as compared to version 3.14)
- Added checks for Internet Explorer 10 or higher installation (required by Yahoo Historical downloads)
- Added checks for “From” date earlier than 1970 (Yahoo historical does not support earlier dates now)
- Updated Quandl downloader to use EOD source for US stocks (instead of old “WIKI”)
- Quandl downloader now supports use of other sources than EOD. You can use symbols with slash that refer to other Quandl databases (like SCF/SHFE_ZN2_OR) but keep in mind that other sources than EOD usually have different layout of downloaded data and you would need to import those data manually (at least until some universal method is found)
- Other minor changes/fixes
CHANGES FOR VERSION 3.14 (as compared to version 3.12)
- Yahoo changed the format of Yahoo Historical download. Incompatibility is fixed now.
CHANGES FOR VERSION 3.13 (as compared to version 3.12)
- Yahoo changed the format of Key Statistics / Fundamental Extended download. Incompatibility is fixed now.
CHANGES FOR VERSION 3.12 (as compared to version 3.10)
- Yahoo changed the format slightly causing problems with Yahoo Fundamental Basic download. Incompatibility is fixed now.
CHANGES FOR VERSION 3.10 (as compared to version 3.04)
- Added new data source: Quandl.com (US stocks, EOD data).
- Removed code and settings for Lycos/Quote.com (taken over by eSignal and shut down) – no longer available
- If you are getting “Failed to update registry, use REGEDIT” message, then you need to run AmiQuote just once with administrator rights – to do so click on AmiQuote icon with right mouse button and select “Run As Administrator”. Do this ONCE. Don’t run all the time under “admin” rights because automatic import won’t work.
- If you are not able to download more than 2 years worth of data it means you entered too early “From” date. For example if you enter 1900 as “from” date you won’t get more than recent 2 years. But if you enter more resonable starting date such as year 2000, then you will be able to download 17 years worth of data
- If it still does not work – you did something wrong. The program works fine, as long above steps are PRECISELY done. Rinse and repeat until it clicks.
AmiQuote is nothing but specialized web browser/downloader. You are using 3rd party web pages/services (Yahoo/MSN/Google/Finam) available to the public and AmiQuote acts like Internet Explorer or Firefox. The availability of data/web pages depends on those 3rd parties and may change in the future. The financial data downloaded from public web sites such as Yahoo Finance/MSN/Google/Finam are for personal use only. Consult 3rd parties’ Terms of Service for details. For actual trading we recommend using paid data sources that provide higher data quality and reliability.